04 May 2012

Bear Mountain 50 Miler, Third Time Around

I've done the Bear Mountain 50 Miler three times. I kinda hate it, since it's super technical and technical is not my strong suit. But it's close to the city, I have made it my race. Also, it challenges me like nothing else, and I do love a good challenge.


I ran it in 2009 and 2011, only skipping in 2010 to have surgery on my uterus.


But I'll be there tomorrow, running again in one of my favourite places in the world. Some of my best friends will be there (but sadly, most of them are running other races so I'll miss them, esp Iliana's hilarity and Mary's purpleness and Erin's wit during the race). Before, during, and after will be a giant party.


Can't wait to run another 50! My toenails are painted so let's hope I don't lose any!

No comments: