09 March 2011

Raining...

“Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...It's about learning how to dance in the rain." Vivian Greene


On Sunday, all I wanted to do was stay in bed...I haven't been sleeping much the past few weeks, and bed was a beautiful place, especially after four glasses of wine the night before...but W insisted we run.  Umstead is coming up, and he had to run 14miles.
I'm glad I did after, but during, I felt down. I hate running in the rain, and while a mid-run kiss was more than a wonderful thing, the rain pours through you sometimes. In one of the Tarot books I was reading, rain is a symbol of tears. I wonder if that's why rain always feels depressing.

But it was joyous at times; the rain pouring down, the ridiculousness of it all, the pretty views of Manhattan we got on the bridges and alongside the East River. I grumbled, "If it rains during Umstead, I'm going to be so cranky."

And I'm sure I would, if it rained. But I also know it would be fun. I'll run with Tony, we'll catch up on our stories of what's happening with our lives. I hope to stick with him at least 2 laps. I'll run with everyone else who will be there, including the super awesome Ray K. I'll notice how, if it rains, my hands will be like a rainbow from the M&Ms I eat.

So even if there's no sun to make a rainbow, I'll find one.

And even if it's raining, yes, we must indeed to learn to dance in the rain.

And run.

No comments: