15 October 2010

Packing List for Javelina Jundred!

I can't believe it's almost here! I ran Vermont, got sick in August and was in my Burning Man-prep-obsession time, then came back to my grandfather's death, too sad to run sometimes, decompressing, new relationship, Blue Cruise 50k. It's been a wild ride, these past few months. 


For the record, I'll be running in costume. It's running clothes covered in pink feathers - a great fun costume. A lot of the runners run in full costume, but you have to be comfy for a 100 miles, so it's a bit of a challenge!

I was supposed to fly out next Thursday but I just changed my ticket - I'm heading there, with Santa Fe on the way. So I leave tomorrow. I haven't packed at all, and the ultrarunner simply pulls out her old list that she's published many-a-time to remind her what to pack.

And maybe remind you?

  • 3 sports bras
  • 2 tank tops
  • 2 running skirts
  • 3 pairs of underwear
  • 4 pairs of socks
  • 2 sneakers (one is a half-size bigger, which will feel like heaven at mile 70!)
  • thin long-sleeved shirt
  • warmer running shirt
  • two visors
  • 2-3 pairs of gloves
  • Sunscreen (spray on)
  • baby wipes
  • body glide
  • packs of tissues (for when you gotta pee behind a cactus or a port-a-potty that of course, has no tp!)
  • foradil (asthma medicine)
  • albuertol (asthma medicine)
  • 15 gels (though I never eat this many, just in case!)
  • 12 sports chews (power gel strawberry blasts)
  • 2 sports beans
  • 30 endurolytes
  • gaiters
  • extra velcro for gaiters
  • Hydration belt
  • 2 water bottles
  • 2 5-hour energy shot (one for drop bag at Mile 70, another for Mile 76 or 88)
  • Ziploc bags
  • sunglasses
  • headlamps
  • extra batteries
  • Advil
  • Imodium & tums
  • mint
  • for post race: sandals, fleece socks, comfy pants, warm hoodie, clean undies, t-shirt, flip flops
  • Marker & tape & Post-it notes for Drop Bags
  • 2 Drop Bags
 
To buy:
·         Coconut water
·         Pretzels

No comments: