07 July 2010

Tapering Down...

I'm getting more and more excited about the Vermont 100....just a week and a half to go until I run 100 miles in the beautiful hills of Vermont. I know when I'm in the midst of it, I'm going to think, "I was psyched to run this?" 100 miles is SO full of ups and downs, pain, insanity, tears, joy, sweat, aches, and more - but I love how it ultimately gets at WHO you are.

I cannot wait.

Today was my last weight lifting session. I've been cutting down my mileage, trying to rest more. I'm eating a lot of veggies and healthy foods (I normally do, but less sweets than usual), drinking lots of water, less alcohol, enjoying life. The Vermont 100 will be a blast and I hope to get that feeling - you know, the one of absolute freedom when I'm out on my run.

1 comment:

TonyP said...

Best of luck at Vermont!!!! I know you will be fantastic!