01 January 2007

what was 2006

before i go congratulating everyone on HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007, i thought i'd do a little thinking about my 2006 (prompted by an email from steve).

my 2006 was full of a lot of changes:
  • lost a long-term temp job with one-day's notice when the assignment was up
  • quit my job at the technical college
  • started working at the amazing nonprofit i currently work at
  • went to boulder for a long weekend to see many old treasured friends
  • went to london for andrew and john's wedding
  • spent a lovely summer in nyc with heaps of free concerts, free shows, and so much fun!
  • went to the beach as many times as possible
  • became a better knitter
  • ran the nyc marathon with a personal best of 3:51
  • decided to start running more marathons
  • realized my family is totally crazy and i'm spending holidays away from them
  • turned 27
  • realized what my priorities are in life: my happiness, my health (go organic foods!), my running, my cat, my traveling, my writing
and the list goes on. most importantly, 2006 was a year of self-reflection. i broke up with my boyfriend, thought a lot about how he treated me and what i want. i realized that traveling is something that is a lifestyle to me. now, i'm in the perpetual state of confusion, but when at least that exists, you know you can just go with the flow.

and now...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment:

fook said...

Cherie,
HAppy Happy 2007 New Year to u!
Wish u had more fruitfull in 2007 year!
Take care always,
Fook