30 December 2005

the great job hunt

i feel like i'm doing nothing right now. i'm not working on any fresh stories, but am editing too many things at once. i have two jobs, one of which will end rather soon, and i need to find a full-time job where i am not going broke working. as it is now, i am dipping into my savings to survive--and barely, as my savings are almost gone. i have friends around the world, but they're so far--and i want to go so far. i love the fact that my love is making me a cheesecake in my cramped new york kitchen...but i dream of climbing in tibet, frowning as another cup of yak butter tea is pressed upon me...i know traveling is what i want to do, where i want to go, but in the meantime, it's getting harder and harder to keep my head above water.

i need to look for a full-time well-paying librarian job in nyc. any ideas? i'm smart, motivated, and a damn good librarian!

No comments: