03 December 2005

Firenze (Florence)






I adored Florence. It was a lovely city, big, but not too big--you could walk everywhere. Seeing David was captivating--I waited in line forever, and then an American tipped me off that everyone was cutting--so we did and cut our waiting time by half an hour. But I stood in front of David for a long time, amazed by the immensity and the beauty of the sculpture. I saw a great amount of art--at the many museums of Florence, including Galleria D'Arte Moderna, Galleria Del Costume, Galleria Palatina, Museo delgi Argenti, Giardino di Boboli, Antoniomanzi a corte, Museo delle Porcellane, Duomo Church, Museo dell Opera di Santa Maria del Fiore, Galleria degli Uffizi--yeah, I spent heaps of time in museums. I also stayed at the raddest hostel, Ostello Gallo D'Oro, where I met Felicia and Andy, two awesome New Yorkers--and Felicia turned out to have gone to the same college as me, also a journalism student (and I ran into her at 3am at Beauty Bar several weeks ago, how random!). I had so much fun, chilling, eating, running, viewing art, having fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ciao Cherie ! here is Massimo from Gallo d'Oro in florence. How are you ? Are you still running like every day ? ;-)
Just few words to say Ciao from Firenze !!! When you'll come back to Florence ? Ciao Ciao. Max www.ostellogallodoro.com