27 November 2005

Cinque Terre, Italy






The Cinque Terre was the most beautiful place in the world that I have ever been. The Via Dell Amore, a beautiful 12 kilometer walk, provided astounding views during a challenging and sunny hike. It was here I fell in love hard and fast with Italian food (I mean, Italian food made in Italy, not Italian food made in NY, which I have loved since birth practically.)--gelati, pizza, pesto, pastries, oh, I want more! I chilled with Rebecca and Anna, walked along the beach, took heaps of photos in these calendar-perfect towns. I miss the Cinque Terre and its charming streets. I stayed in a dump in Riomaggiore, but my experiences were beautiful nonetheless. I wish I were back...

2 comments:

janice said...

thanks for sharing those lovely pictures. i fell deeply in love with cinque terre too (was there in may 2004). do u think amalfi coast will be just as awesome?

cherie said...

Yes, I will post photos of the Amalfi Coast soon. I thought the Cinque Terre was lovelier than the Amalfi Coast, but the Amalfi Coast was also quite beautiful. If you go there, ask the locals for information on "The Walk of the Gods"--it's a beautiful walk that is nearly empty (which is nice after the Via Dell Amore crowds).